Subject: L68K: Video patches for 2.1.47
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
To: Linux/m68k <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:58:44 +0200 (CEST)

Here's the new video code: it supports multiple frame buffer devices and
loadable frame buffer and low level console code.

Mach64fb is not yet included because of the BSD licence in one of its source
files. But my code is ready for inclusion of mach64fb once the licence problems
are sorted out.

To save (a bit) bandwidth, this patch consists of 3 parts:

  - video-2.1.47.diff: patches
  - video-2.1.47.sh: a script to delete and move some files
  - video-2.1.47.tar: new files

Caveat: there's a known problem with loadable frame buffer devices and usage
counts. If you use kerneld, it will unload the frame buffer device after some
time while it's still in use. Any clues are welcome. The loadable low level
console code doesn't suffer from this problem. And I assume the plain insmod is
fine, too.

But since most people won't use loadable frame buffer devices at this moment
(unless for the development of new frame buffer devices) I can live with that
for now :-)

Have fun!

BTW, I'm running 2.1.48-pre2.

[tar file here is in geert-loadable-fb.tar.gz]

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     [email-masked]
Wavelets, Linux/m68k on Amiga          http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/
Department of Computer Science -- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven -- Belgium